So my sister Mari has been ON IT, and I mean ON IT with the blogging (http://ourscottlandyard.blogspot.com/). I am now inspired to try to be ON IT as well, especially during the wedding planning process. I think because I don't have a great phone to take cool pictures along the way, that is why I don't update as often. Maybe it's because there is literally something going on all the time. No, that can't be it. I think it's that I just don't set aside the time to type.
So, here I go! Eli and I have been talking a lot about scheduling. He said something last night (or the other night - I can't keep up anymore!) about how God's peace can be seen in "order". When things are in order, doesn't it feel so peaceful?? There isn't much on your mind because things are "in order". Well I wish I could say everything is in order for the wedding! We're getting there. It's coming together. The big things are paid for and booked - honeymoon, dress, photographer, hotels, rings, - in no particular order. Seriously. Everything else is either in the works or about to be finalized. We need to get all of the little details in order, so that we can feel peace.
Thank God for this weekend!! We have a dinner party to go to tomorrow evening; a fundraising event that Eli is emceeing. After that, we are putting our "married" finances and wedding things in order. Speaking of finances.....DAVE RAMSEY'S FINANCIAL PEACE. Peace????? Yes!!! PEACE. I will have to write a separate post about the peace from that class. If you haven't been through it or don't know anything about it, DO IT. More to come on that. Back to this weekend. Finalizing the flower girls dress, centerpieces, bridesmaids shoes, gifts, addressing invitations, etc.
Romans 8:28 states that "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." I know that this wedding is ON purpose and for HIS purpose, so I have confidence and faith that He will be glorified and honored. We are so excited to plan a worship service, not just celebrating the love that Eli and I have for one another, but the love from our Heavenly Father. As I have said many times before, I can't wait to be Mrs. Eli Byrd. God has blessed us beyond measure.
Now, for some sleep. I need to rest up for my weekend of "peace" and "order"!!!
xoxo
pt
ps
did you see our engagement photo by our photographer??? WHAT???? That's not even the half.
Nathan Bell
www.charlestonwedding.com

LOVE what Eli said about peace. I think it is so so true. love the blog and your thoughts!!! keep it up!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes! Me too. I think I am going to try to usher in some order myself.
ReplyDeleteLove it! What a blessing! May GOD bless your marriage! GOD has some exciting plans in store for you two!
ReplyDelete