Monday, September 19, 2011

Jacksonville. Football and Family.

 As reported in my previous post, I returned from a wonderful weekend get-a-way to Jacksonville, FL late last night.  The trip started out as a surprise for my Eli.  I ended up telling him about it last Monday night because I was afraid that he would plan something, even though he [thought he] had to work over the weekend.  His reaction to the surprise trip was priceless.  I do however wish that I had done a better job of keeping my excitement contained and figured out a way to ensure that he was free and waited until Friday to tell him for an even better reaction!  But despite that, the weekend was just perfect!

We went to breakfast with Grandma Mamie on Saturday morning, the CSU vs. J.U. football game in the afternoon and spent time with his parents Saturday night.  Sunday morning we were able to worship at Titus Church with his parents and grandparents, followed by lunch.  We spent hours laughing and telling stories.  It was awesome to see the love and commitment to family that everyone shares.  I felt welcomed and included again at this visit with his family, which is so comforting. 

Overall, the weekend was refreshing and much needed.  I am so wonderfully blessed to LOVE and be loved by Eli and his family. 

I also must report that I am slowly becoming a football fan.  Although I do not understand it fully, I now have a reason to try!!

We didn't take any pictures.  I need to get a little better with that!

xoxo,
pt

1 comment: