"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved..." Mark 16:16
I believed. I was baptized. But I don't really remember. I think I was in the third grade. There have been so many things that have happened in my life since the third grade. A spiritual journey that looks like a roller coaster. If I could draw a diagram in this blog, I would probably draw a little mountain (new, young third grade faith), followed by a LOW valley and now I am beginning a climb up a BEAUTIFUL mountain, closer to my Lord and Savior!
I knew that I needed to be baptized again since rededicating my life to the Lord about three years ago, but never acted. While in Peru, I witnessed three people get baptized. At the end of the baptism, we were asked if there was anyone else who wanted to be baptized and I felt a burning desire in my heart to go, but didn't. My cousin Sophie was baptized on August 23rd. That evening, about 40 others were baptized as well. I felt the urge to jump in then too, but didn't. Finally, my church had a beach fellowship day on September 11th and I answered to the call to be re-baptized!! This was the best place for me. One of my favorite places on Earth is the ocean. I love the song "Ocean Floor" by Audio Adrenaline. Nothing like leaving it all on the ocean floor.
The mistakes I've made
That caused pain
I could've done without
All my selfish thoughts
All my pride
The things I hide
That you have forgot about
They're all behind you
They'll never find you
There on the ocean floor
Your sins are forgotten
There on the bottom
Of the ocean floor
That caused pain
I could've done without
All my selfish thoughts
All my pride
The things I hide
That you have forgot about
They're all behind you
They'll never find you
There on the ocean floor
Your sins are forgotten
There on the bottom
Of the ocean floor
The day could not have been better. I was joined by three other girls from my church. Eli led the baptism and so many of my family and friends were IN the water with me as well!
"...and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ..." 1 Peter 3:21
"...for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." Galatians 3:27
"...Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38
"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." Romans 6:3-4
Thanks for the photos Jon Abercrombie and Rachel Eckert!!
"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." Romans 6:3-4
Thanks for the photos Jon Abercrombie and Rachel Eckert!!



No comments:
Post a Comment