So last weekend, we went to Givhans Ferry State Park. The weather was PERFECT for camping. It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the week and relax. Although we did leave on Saturday to run a few errands and watch some of the football game at CSU, for the most part it was pretty low key.
I think that it is good to rest. Sometimes I feel that I may want to rest too much. I am always planning the next vacation or quick trip. It doesn't always happen, but I enjoy thinking about how to get away from it all and take my focus off of the day-to-day.
What does the bible say about rest? The first thing that comes to my mind is the verse in Matthew about coming to Him, all who labor...and I will give you rest.
I feel that it is important to hit pause and take time off. I hope that everyone can find a place to go and get rest.
After Eli and I finished running around Saturday, we pulled back on to the campground to meet the family. As soon as we passed the state park sign, peace came over us both! What a great place to be. Surrounded by nature, family and a few noisy neighbors!
I can't wait until the next get-a-way. Oh wait. That is this weekend! We're heading to the lake for another camping/lakehouse adventure. Ms. Nettie will be joining the family and I can't wait to spend time with her!!!!!
Why don't you spend some time this weekend "at rest"?!?! Take some time away with your friends/family and maybe even spend a little time in the Word! He will give you rest!
Matthew 11:26-30 (ESV)
Yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
![]() |
| Cooking a "mean' hotdog! |
![]() |
| OK...do you not want to LAUGH OUT LOUD when you see this picture! |
![]() |
| I LOVE HIM!!!!! |
![]() |
| What a great man! |
Thanks for the pics Rachel!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment